This recipe was taken and modified from Doves Farm Spelt bread recipe.
300g Wholegrain spelt flour
200g Strong wholemeal bread flour
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp fast-acting yeast
300ml Warm Water
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1. Combine the flours, salt, sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Create a well in the center of the mixture and slowly add the water, whilst mixing
3. Work into a rough and lumpy dough and add the olive oil
4. Mix and knead for a minute or two, being careful not to over-knead as spelt can become hard and dry when over-worked.
5. Cover bowl with a tea-towel and leave to double in size for about an hour
6. Shape and place into an oiled loaf tin, cover with a tea-towel again and leave to rise for a further 20 minutes in a warm place.
7. Bake at 200 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or 220 for non fan assisted ovens. The bread is ready if it sound hollow when you tap the bottom!